Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/05 16:43:02 UTC

Re: Unable to delete feeds using planet administration page in Roller 4.0

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 7:28 PM, Eric Wittle <er...@wittle.net> wrote:
> I have a partial solution to this problem. I modified
> PlanetSubscriptions.jsp to correct some invalid XHTML and to have
> confirmDelete be the action (href) rather than the onclick handler. This is
> mostly working in Safari 3.1. The diff is:
>
>  ericw-g4:admin ewittle$ diff PlanetSubscriptions.jsp
> /wittle/myth/temp/PlanetSubscriptions.jsp
>  54c54
>  <         <label for="feedURL" class="formrow" /><s:text
> name="planetSubscription.feedUrl" /></label>
>  ---
>  >         <label for="feedURL" class="formrow" ><s:text
> name="planetSubscription.feedUrl" /></label>
>  101c101
>  <             <a href="javascript: void(0);"
> onclick="confirmSubDelete('<s:property value="feedURL"/>', '<s:property
> value="title"/>');"><s:text name="planetSubscriptions.button.delete"/></a>
>  ---
>  >             <a href="javascript:confirmSubDelete('<s:property
> value="feedURL"/>', '<s:property value="title"/>');"><s:text
> name="planetSubscriptions.button.delete"/></a>
>
>  Note that this still fails to delete feeds whose title has a single quote
> in it. For example, add the following feed to your subscriptions:
>
>  http://chucksblog.typepad.com/chucks_blog/index.rdf
>
>  You will be unable to delete the feed because the generated javascript is
> invalid:
>
>  <a
> href="javascript:confirmSubDelete('http://chucksblog.typepad.com/chucks_blog/index.rdf',
> 'Chuck's Blog');">Delete</a>
>  The single quote in the title creates syntax problems. This looks like it
> needs to be fixed in something other than the JSP.
>
>  -Eric
>
>  On Mar 30, 2008, at 6:01 PM, Eric Wittle wrote:
> > The delete link has an href of "javascript: void(0);" and an on-click
> property that calls the confirmDelete JavaScript method. When I click, it
> does nothing in either Firefox or Safari on the Mac.
> >
> > Is this a known problem?

Thanks Eric. I can reproduce that problem and I've added a bug for it:
   https://issues.apache.org/roller/browse/ROL-1700

The easiest fix is to remove the title from the error message, and
that's probably what I'll end up doing unless somebody has a better
solution.

- Dave