Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com> on 2007/11/21 05:00:51 UTC

Releasing 1.2m1, Re: Release plan

Natalia Shilenkova wrote:
> Is there anything that you are working on and plan to include to the
> milestone release?

Ok I'm still not satisfied with collection's document caching, still more work
to do... So I reckon 1.2m1 will be without this feature completed. Here is
hoping I'll be done with it by m2 ;-)

Anyway, for 1.2m1 I think the only think left to do is to...

  1. Move documentation to 1.2/ sub directory, to keep everything neatly
     organized.
  2. Move one copy of how-tos to 1.1/ sub directory, and another to 1.2/.
  3. Update 1.1 and 1.2 how-tos.
  4. Update 1.2 FAQ

I'll take care of items 1 & 2... And may be 3 & 4 - unless somebody beats me to
it... Once this is all done, I'll prepare RC builds of 1.2m1 for release vote.

Ok, did I forget anything?

Vadim

[RESULT][VOTE] Release 1.2m1

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>> Once this is all done, I'll prepare RC builds of 1.2m1 for release vote.
>
> Hi all,
>
> As promised, 1.2m1 build is ready and is up for the release vote. Please
> verify release artifacts uploaded at:
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~vgritsenko/xindice/builds/
>
> And vote for the release.

Vote passes with four +1s (3 votes on dev list and one more on XML PMC list).
I'll publish release and update website.

Vadim

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.2m1

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> As promised, 1.2m1 build is ready and is up for the release vote. Please
> verify release artifacts uploaded at:
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~vgritsenko/xindice/builds/
>
> And vote for the release.

+1 from me

Vadim

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.2m1

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
The tar.gz version looks good over here. Good job!

+1 from me.

--
Gianugo

--
Gianugo Rabellino
Sourcesense, making sense of Open Source: http://www.sourcesense.com

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.2m1

Posted by Natalia Shilenkova <ns...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 1, 2007 1:01 PM, Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As promised, 1.2m1 build is ready and is up for the release vote. Please verify
> release artifacts uploaded at:
>
>    http://people.apache.org/~vgritsenko/xindice/builds/
>
> And vote for the release.
>
> Thanks,
> Vadim

Did not see any problem with any of the archives.

+1

Thanks,
Natalia

[VOTE] Release 1.2m1

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.

Re: Releasing 1.2m1, Re: Release plan

Posted by Natalia Shilenkova <ns...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 20, 2007 11:00 PM, Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com> wrote:
> Ok I'm still not satisfied with collection's document caching, still more work
> to do... So I reckon 1.2m1 will be without this feature completed. Here is
> hoping I'll be done with it by m2 ;-)
>
> Anyway, for 1.2m1 I think the only think left to do is to...
>
>   1. Move documentation to 1.2/ sub directory, to keep everything neatly
>      organized.
>   2. Move one copy of how-tos to 1.1/ sub directory, and another to 1.2/.
>   3. Update 1.1 and 1.2 how-tos.
>   4. Update 1.2 FAQ
>
> I'll take care of items 1 & 2... And may be 3 & 4 - unless somebody beats me to
> it... Once this is all done, I'll prepare RC builds of 1.2m1 for release vote.

I moved existing how-tos to 1.1 directory, it's still work in
progress. I will take care of 1.2 how-tos as well.

Natalia

Re: Releasing 1.2m1, Re: Release plan

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Natalia Shilenkova wrote:
> What about javadocs? Do we need to create separate javadocs for
> different versions?

Good idea. Yes, why not. I'll place them under 1.1/ and 1.2/ subdirectories.

Posted by Natalia Shilenkova <ns...@gmail.com>.