Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by GOMEZ Henri <hg...@slib.fr> on 2002/06/25 13:17:36 UTC

Re : mod_jk JkAutoMount - mod_jk 1.2.0

Hi Milt,

>Anyone know anything about the mod_jk directive JkAutoMount?  I've
>seen some about it in the documentation, in the source, and via a web
>search, but it's all a little bit sketchy.  It sounds like it can be
>used instead of JkMount, to have the web server query the servlet
>container for what URL's it's supposed to forward (and to what
>contexts) to Tomcat.  But it's not clear that's what it does.  And
>it's not clear it's been fully implemented.  And it's not clear which
>version of mod_jk it's part of.

The jkautomount feature, part of the ajp13 evolution proposal,
ajp14, will not be included in mod_jk 1.2.0 (the version from
jakarta-tomcat-connector/jk/native).

It may be implemented in the currently developped mod_jk 2.0
(jakarta-tomcat-connector/jk/native2).

So for now you could use :

JkMount /URL/* to make tomcat handle all /URL/ request.

Regards:

BTW, mod_jk 1.2.0 is in final stage and should be released
next week. I hope to have better documentation since many
people proposed to contribute their own works to jakarta ;)

The documentation will probably be available at jakarta.org,
and not in mod_jk 1.2.0 tarball, since it will not be ready
at the release time.

Re: Re : mod_jk JkAutoMount - mod_jk 1.2.0

Posted by Milt Epstein <me...@uiuc.edu>.
On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, GOMEZ Henri wrote:

> Hi Milt,
>
> >Anyone know anything about the mod_jk directive JkAutoMount?  I've
> >seen some about it in the documentation, in the source, and via a web
> >search, but it's all a little bit sketchy.  It sounds like it can be
> >used instead of JkMount, to have the web server query the servlet
> >container for what URL's it's supposed to forward (and to what
> >contexts) to Tomcat.  But it's not clear that's what it does.  And
> >it's not clear it's been fully implemented.  And it's not clear which
> >version of mod_jk it's part of.
>
> The jkautomount feature, part of the ajp13 evolution proposal,
> ajp14, will not be included in mod_jk 1.2.0 (the version from
> jakarta-tomcat-connector/jk/native).

Thanks for the reply, good to hear something definitive.

A couple more quick followup questions:

> It may be implemented in the currently developped mod_jk 2.0
> (jakarta-tomcat-connector/jk/native2).

When you say "mod_jk 2.0", is that the same thing as "mod_jk2" that
I've seen mentioned so often?

> So for now you could use :
>
> JkMount /URL/* to make tomcat handle all /URL/ request.
>
> Regards:
>
> BTW, mod_jk 1.2.0 is in final stage and should be released
> next week. I hope to have better documentation since many
> people proposed to contribute their own works to jakarta ;)
>
> The documentation will probably be available at jakarta.org,
> and not in mod_jk 1.2.0 tarball, since it will not be ready
> at the release time.

Will there be a separate mod_jk 1.2.0 tarball, or will it be part of
the jakarta-tomcat-connectors package?

Thanks again.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer