Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> on 2006/03/14 18:40:19 UTC

Re: [Axis2] A question about asynchronous services and message queue

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 10:59 -0600, Dong Liu wrote:
> Maybe I should clarify my point here:
>
>      1. A service can support asynchronous communication with a
>         message queue stands before it, no matter whether or not this
>         service is able to support asynchronous messaging by nature.
>      2. It is hard for an asynchronous service to handle long-run
>         service requests without the support of a message queue and
>         more important a persistence layer.
> I am not sure if they are correct. Any comments?

It seems to me that you're looking for WS-Reliable Messaging like
features. Have you looked at Sandesha2? That will give behavior you're
looking for.

I think the core Axis2 platform should continue to have a simple,
lightweight async model based purely on threads to cover simple
patterns. If you really need reliable, long running async behavior then
its time to use WS-RM.

Sanjiva.

Re: [Axis2] A question about asynchronous services and message queue

Posted by Dong Liu <ed...@gmail.com>.
I agree that Axis2 should be simple and lightweight, and just for soap
processing. WS-RM does cover some of my requirements.

However, I have a question in my mind about asynchronous "service" and
"client" for a long time. As I know, the current implementation of async
dual client in axis2 is to listen to a specific port, 6060 by default. That
makes problem when running several async dual clients on the same machine at
the same time. What I expect is to remove the difference between client and
server so that all services can be accessed through the same port for a
certain transportation, the http or tcp or JMS transportation components are
always there listening, and the correlated service will be triggered based
on ws-addressing.

Cheers,

Don