Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Namit Jain <nj...@facebook.com> on 2009/07/08 01:31:40 UTC

RE: Regarding Hive

Haritha,

Please post your questions on hive-user@hadoop.apache.org<ma...@hadoop.apache.org>

Thanks,
-namit

From: Haritha Javvadi [mailto:haritha.javvadi@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 4:29 PM
To: Namit Jain
Subject: Regarding Hive

Hello,
           This is haritha . I am working on hive and hadoop. I got your id from one of the hive hadoop mail archives. I am new to these tools and have been installing and sorting all errors and working on hive. I created tables and loaded data and started querying the required data. Everything was going fine.But today suddenly , when I try to run any query in hive it shows the following message:

FAILED: Error in metadata: javax.jdo.JDOFatalDataStoreException: Failed to start database 'metastore_db', see the next exception for details.

NestedThrowables:

java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start database 'metastore_db', see the next exception for details.

FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask
Please can you help me out as why I am not able to access tables and query data in hive. It was working well but all of a sudden its showing the errors. I have been doing this in my office laptop. Hope I am not disturbing you. Please can you help me out.

Thank you & Regards,
Haritha

Re: Regarding Hive

Posted by Prasad Chakka <pc...@facebook.com>.
Haritha,

Welcome to Hive. Could you please post the full stack trace of the exception? Most probably there is another hive client using the same metastore and you are using the default configuration where there can be only one hive client against one metastore. Look at this wiki page for more details on how to set up metastore for multiple hive clients ( http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/AdminManual/MetastoreAdmin )

Prasad

From: Namit Jain <nj...@facebook.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 16:31:40 -0700
To: Haritha Javvadi <ha...@gmail.com>