Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Elizabeth hampton <ha...@mediaone.net> on 2000/08/10 07:45:10 UTC

Help!!

I'm trying to get tomcat to run as part of the directions for installing cocoon.

System: windows 95
Java2 SDK standard edition 1.3 (for windows)
stable (so I thought) binaries for tomcat

upon execution of a tomcat start (or tomcat run) I get the following errors:

Using classpath: C:\Program_Files\jakarta-tomcat\classes;C:\Program_Files\jakart
a-tomcat\lib\webserver.jar

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xml/sax/DocumentH
andler

        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:134)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:163)

Does anyone have any solutions?  I tried to create a subdirectory called classes underneath jakarta-tomcat since I didn't see this directory after I did the initial install.  I've also tried copying the tools.jar file into my classpath as well as making additional copies of the .jar files in the /lib subdirectory and placing them in /classes.  None of these gimmicks worked.

Any suggestions?

Re: Help!!

Posted by Jim Rudnicki <jd...@pacbell.net>.
I have just completed a launcher that I expect will solve the problem you have along with many others.  If I can collect enough testimonials, I might be able to get this added to the Tomcat distribution.  If you have a moment, give it a try and tell me it worked!
You could be No.2 on the testimonial list.

Jim

Standard response:
Had problems starting Tomcat?  Had trouble setting all the those environment
variables?  I've written a new launcher made to replace the batch files used
to start Tomcat.  It solves the environment space troubles, cr-lf troubles,
etc.  The goal is to make it a bullet proof startup (grand indeed) on any
Win32 platform.

Take a look:
http://www.geocities.com/jdrudnicki/

http://www.geocities.com/jdrudnicki/JustGo_v10.zip

Re: Help!!

Posted by Marcel Landman <Ma...@DICgroep.nl>.

Re: Does tomcat support EJB?

Posted by Chong Yu Meng <cy...@cyberway.com.sg>.
Can't help you out there -- I've been meaning to get started on EJBs and
Tomcat and JBoss, but I haven't gotten round to it yet -- not enough time !!
I think you know the feeling, right ?

Regards,
Chong Yu Meng

Posted by tonny <li...@etang.net>.