Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com> on 2017/05/30 15:33:10 UTC

Removal of maven eclipse plug-in support from Apache Yetus

	This is just a heads up.

	The Apache Yetus community is debating removing the maven eclipse plug-in testing support from precommit. (Given that Apache Hadoop is currently rigged up to always run Yetus' master for testing purposes, this means Hadoop will see the removal immediately post-commit.) The plug-in itself is deprecated and always throws warnings/errors during execution.  Additionally, Eclipse has added import support as part of Neon.

	If you feel strongly either way, feel free to hop onto YETUS-509.

Thanks.

Fwd: Removal of maven eclipse plug-in support from Apache Yetus

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
Just a heads up, I believe we rely on this functionality at the moment
as well. Presuming our runs of the plugin are currently in good health
we can move this into our hbase-specific personality.