Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Michael Mole <mj...@us.ibm.com> on 2007/10/31 14:52:00 UTC

Axis2C: WSDL2C tool generates nodes for group references

I am using adb databindings with the WSDL2C tool.  I have a wsdl that
defines a group.  I then reference this group in one of my complex types.
The serialize method for this complex type is explicitly adding the group
as if it is an element.  Shouldn't it leave out the group node, and just
add the contents of the group?  I think this is a bug in the WSDL2C tool,
but I just wanted to make sure that this is not the desired behavior.
Please see (edited) snippets below:

  <group name="TargetGroup">
    <sequence>
      <element name="target" type="string">
      </element>
    </sequence>
  </group>

<complexType name="Request">
    <sequence>
      <group ref="WSX:TargetGroup"/>
    </sequence>
  </complexType>

The serialize method of "Request" is producing this (from tcpmon):  Also,
please note the method I ran is called "update".

<soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
   <soapenv:Header/>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <ns4:update xmlns:ns2="http://[REMOVED FROM THIS EMAIL]"
xmlns:ns4="http://[REMOVED FROM THIS EMAIL]">
         <ns2:TargetGroup>
            <ns2:target>this_is_a_target</ns2:target>
         </ns2:TargetGroup>
      </ns4:update>
   </soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

 - Mike

Michael J Molé
Software Engineer
IBM Software Group - Rational
(781)676-2710

Re: Axis2C: WSDL2C tool generates nodes for group references

Posted by Dimuthu Gamage <di...@gmail.com>.
Fixed. Thanks for the quick comment

Dimuthu

Posted by Michael Mole <mj...@us.ibm.com>.

[...]

[...]