Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Freddy <ne...@necroshine.de> on 2004/06/17 17:39:23 UTC

Working with continuation-ids

Hi!

I've got a problem with Continuation. To include an external site into
my page, I have to generate a Link to this external site (with a binary
on harddisk, thanks John, executing it is working now). This external
site opens in a popup with the returnlink encoded in the
request-parameters.

I need to give the next continuation-id (generated by the next
cocoon.sendPage to this binaryprogram as a parameter and I read the
popup-link from stdout of this program. Then I need to include this link
in my page.

The Problem is now that I have to now the next continuation-id. If I
don't know it I can not generate the link and I cannot include it in my
page.

What I have so far is:
	cocoon.makeWebContinuation(cocoon.continuation.continuation).id

But this is not the id which is createt from the next cocoon.sendPage
and which seems to be the one I need.

I hope, someone understands my problem at all :) And thanks for your
help, guys!

Freddy

Re: Working with continuation-ids

Posted by Freddy <ne...@necroshine.de>.
On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 16:26, Freddy wrote:
> It is a good idea to use xsp.

As I see, there is a xsp-logicsheet called jpath. I read the
documentation about it and if I understand it right, it offers exactly
what I need.

I've tried

	<xsp:page xmlns:jpath="http://apache.org/xsp/jpath/1.0" ...>
and
	<xsp:logic>
		String link = <jpath:value-of select="order/order_id"/>
        </xsp:logic>

instead of #{order/order_id} but it return an empty value :(

I also tried <jpath:continuation/> to read out the continuation-id
(instead of the javascript-code from john) but its value is also empty
:(

I tried <xsp:expr><jpath:continuation/></xsp:expr> too, but is is also
not working.

What am I doing wrong. Or is there maybe another way reading out these
values, not using jpath? Maybe something in java similar to what John
suggested me to do for reading the continuation-id ?!?

Thank

Freddy

Posted by Freddy <ne...@necroshine.de>.
On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 08:58, John L. Webber wrote:
> If I understand correctly what you're trying to do, here is how you can
> do it in an XSP:
[..]
> <xsp:logic>
>     WebContinuation kont = (WebContinuation)
> request.getAttribute(FlowHelper.CONTINUATION_OBJECT);
>         if(kont != null ){
>          String id = kont.getId();
>          //Do whatever you need to do with this ID.
>          }
> </xsp:logic>
[..]

Thanks, John! It is a good idea to use xsp.

I got it so far, that my Link is created with the right Cont-id now. But
I also need a few other variables to create the link. In Flowscript it
was no problem to use them. But how do I use them out of my xsp-page?

I could give them to the xsp-page, but when xsp is generated, they are
only visible as #{order/orderid} .. that doesn't help me much :(

How can I fix this?!

Thanks for helping

Posted by "John L. Webber" <Jo...@jentro.com>.
Hi Freddy,

If I understand correctly what you're trying to do, here is how you can
do it in an XSP:

  <xsp:structure>

<xsp:include>org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.WebContinuation</xsp:include>
     <xsp:include>org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.FlowHelper</xsp:include>
   </xsp:structure>

<xsp:logic>
    WebContinuation kont = (WebContinuation)
request.getAttribute(FlowHelper.CONTINUATION_OBJECT);
        if(kont != null ){
         String id = kont.getId();
         //Do whatever you need to do with this ID.
         }
</xsp:logic>

Hope this helps.

John

Freddy wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've got a problem with Continuation. To include an external site into
> my page, I have to generate a Link to this external site (with a binary
> on harddisk, thanks John, executing it is working now). This external
> site opens in a popup with the returnlink encoded in the
> request-parameters.
>
> I need to give the next continuation-id (generated by the next
> cocoon.sendPage to this binaryprogram as a parameter and I read the
> popup-link from stdout of this program. Then I need to include this link
> in my page.
>
> The Problem is now that I have to now the next continuation-id. If I
> don't know it I can not generate the link and I cannot include it in my
> page.
>
> What I have so far is:
> 	cocoon.makeWebContinuation(cocoon.continuation.continuation).id
>
> But this is not the id which is createt from the next cocoon.sendPage
> and which seems to be the one I need.
>
> I hope, someone understands my problem at all :) And thanks for your
> help, guys!
>
> Freddy

  Jentro Technologies GmbH
  John L. Webber, Software Development
  Rosenheimer Str. 145e	    81671 München
  Tel. +49 89 189 169 80     mailto:John.Webber@jentro.com
  Fax  +49 89 189 169 99     http://www.jentro.com
NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail is confidential or may
otherwise be legally privileged. It is intended for the named recipient
only. If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately by
reply or by calling the telephone number above and delete this message
and all its attachments without any use or further distribution of its
contents. Please note that any unauthorised review, copying, disclosing
or otherwise making use of the information is strictly prohibited. Thank
you.