Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alexander Diedler <ad...@tecracer.de> on 2009/06/08 21:49:56 UTC

URL Auth Apache 2.2.11 + Tomcat 6.0.16

Hi,

Since we modify our server to use mod_jk to serve sites there is an error
with a Tomcat Action, that requires a HTML Auth.

If we open the URL http://www.bla.de/?action=Import in a Browser, there is a
Auth-Dialog to fill in Username and Passwort. This Username and Password
seems to be hard coded in the action.

If a scheduled Task try to excecute the Task there is a 401 Error

java -cp D:\wwwroot\Java_shop\WEB-INF\classes
com.j2dot.app.fv.ImportStandalone

It is possible to add parameters in the cmd function?

Greetings

Alexander

RE: URL Auth Apache 2.2.11 + Tomcat 6.0.16

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
did you ensure TC has execute access to that code?

// These permissions apply to javac
grant codeBase "file:D:\wwwroot\Java_shop\WEB-INF\classes\-" {
        permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

Martin Gainty

AW: URL Auth Apache 2.2.11 + Tomcat 6.0.16

Posted by Alexander Diedler <ad...@tecracer.de>.
Hi,
This task has been fixed. The Java class was very static and we re-design
the auth method.
Thanks for your help.

On 08.06.2009 21:49, Alexander Diedler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since we modify our server to use mod_jk to serve sites there is an
> error with a Tomcat Action, that requires a HTML Auth.
>
> If we open the URL http://www.bla.de/?action=Import in a Browser, there
> is a Auth-Dialog to fill in Username and Passwort. This Username and
> Password seems to be hard coded in the action.
>
> If a scheduled Task try to excecute the Task there is a 401 Error
>
> java -cp D:\wwwroot\Java_shop\WEB-INF\classes
> com.j2dot.app.fv.ImportStandalone
>
> It is possible to add parameters in the cmd function?

You need to find out, what kind of http client your "cmd function" uses.
Many http clients support Basci authentication with username and
password, but you would need to either configure your http client or
somehow present the credentials to it. How this is done depends on the
client you or your developers have chosen. Ask the question to the
people who wrote com.j2dot.app.fv.ImportStandalone.

Alternatively you could allow access to the URL from e.g. special client
IPs without adding the need for username and password. This would help,
in case you import client runs on few systems, which are assumed to be
secure.

Regards,

Rainer

Re: URL Auth Apache 2.2.11 + Tomcat 6.0.16

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.