Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Alexander Harm <co...@aharm.de> on 2016/07/07 07:10:42 UTC

Named Replication

Hello all,

I have a quick question regarding named replication. If I replicate a single document via named replication does CouchDB update its internal replication checkpoint? So if I run a full replication afterwards does it start “after” the single document or does it start “earlier”?

Alexander

Re: Named Replication

Posted by Robert Samuel Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
Hi Alexander,

It will have its own replication id, the named ids will be embedded within it, so if you repeat that same named replication only updates to those documents will be replicated to the target. replications that use other named ids, or don't used the named id filter at all, are entirely separate and have their own independent checkpoint status. So, to directly answer your final question, a full replication run after a named id replication will start from its own checkpoint, which may be 'after' or 'earlier' than the last update to your named id, it's quite separate.

B.