Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by ya...@gmail.com on 2021/08/04 12:48:42 UTC

setting label to node in Distributed mode

Hi,

I have a cluster that is defined as 'Distributed" with "config" node-labels
provider.

I can't see to find which cli I can use to add a label to an existing node.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks,

Yair

Re: setting label to node in Distributed mode

Posted by Naga Pavan Kumar <na...@gmail.com>.
Add/modify node labels list to YARN

Add cluster node labels list:
Executing yarn rmadmin -addToClusterNodeLabels "label_1(exclusive=true/false),label_2(exclusive=true/false)"to add node label.
If user don’t specify “(exclusive=…)”, exclusive will be true by default.
Run yarn cluster --list-node-labels to check added node labels are visible in the cluster.
Remove node labels from YARN

Remove cluster node labels:
To remove one or more node labels, execute the following command: yarn rmadmin -removeFromClusterNodeLabels "<label>[,<label>,...]". The command argument should be a comma-separated list of node labels to remove.
It is not allowed to remove a label which has been associated with queues, i.e., one or more queues have access to this label.
To verify if specified node labels have been successfully removed, run yarn cluster --list-node-labels.
Add/modify node-to-labels mapping to YARN

Configuring nodes to labels mapping in Centralized NodeLabel setup

Executing yarn rmadmin -replaceLabelsOnNode “node1[:port]=label1 node2=label2” [-failOnUnknownNodes]. Added label1 to node1, label2 to node2. If user don’t specify port, it adds the label to all NodeManagersrunning on the node. If option -failOnUnknownNodes is set, this command will fail if specified nodes are unknown.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Naganarasimha Garla <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yair Ogen <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Naganarasimha Garla <na...@apache.org>.