Posted to netcat@netbeans.apache.org by Emilian Bold <em...@protonmail.ch.INVALID> on 2018/07/05 12:34:33 UTC

NetBeans 9.0 VC2 build artefacts uploaded to dist.apache.org for NetCAT

Hi all,

This is NOT a PPMC vote thread, DO NOT VOTE!

Build artefacts for NetCAT are available here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/netbeans/incubating-netbeans-java/incubating-9.0-vc2

Rat report:

https://builds.apache.org/job/incubator-netbeans-release/328/artifact/rat-java-temp/nbbuild/build/rat-report.txt

Release specific wiki page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+NetBeans+9.0+Final+Release

PS: Jumped to VC2 because VC1 didn't have the title bar right so I never announced it on the mailing list.

--emi

Re: NetBeans 9.0 VC2 build artefacts uploaded to dist.apache.org for NetCAT

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
In the meantime there’s VC3, shouldn’t be different except for Welcome
screen, but would be great if you’d use that.

Gj

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Jiří Kovalský <ji...@oracle.com>.
Hi Rick,

let me reply to two of your questions:

1. The fact that you only see 2 available plugins is as designed,
because we currently have two plugins published in the NetBeans Plugin
Portal [1] which are compatible with 9.0 version. If you switch to
Installed tab, uninstall some plugin you will notice Available Plugins
(3) suddenly. In other words, your IDE reports it is up-to-date except
the two plugins on Plugin Portal.

2. Help in 9.0 was not functioning correctly #NETBEANS-492 [2] and so
the decision was made to disable it centrally as there was no volunteer
to fix it. It would be great if you can take a look at it and fix
#NETBEANS-656.

[1] http://plugins.netbeans.org
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-492
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-656

Thanks for your feedback and contribution!

Best regards,
-Jirka

Posted by Rick Hegarty <sk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rick Hegarty <sk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Right, no voting, yet -- just take the binary for a spin and see if
anything weird happens, i.e., we're basically right now doing a sanity
check, prior to doing the PPMC vote.

Thanks, and thanks to Emilian for his work on this.

Gj

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com.INVALID>.