Posted to user@struts.apache.org by av...@za.safmarine.com on 2002/07/31 07:43:09 UTC

Re: How to install Struts 1.1b on WebSphere 3.5.4 (Missing ressources attribute org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE)

Hi Renato

To get Struts 1.0.2 working with WebSphere 3.5.6, I had to add a -classpath
d:\WebSphere\AppServer\hosts\default_hosts\<project_name>\servlets to the
Default Server as a command line arguement where the above directory is the
location where I store my classes in their package hierarchy, including my
resource file for Struts.

By default WebSphere should be using this directory as part of it's classpath
because I specified this directory as part of my web application's classpath.
But it doesn't seem to be. (Not called WeirdSphere for nothing you know :-)

If you have solved your problem another way, please shout as I would definitely
be interesed in hearing your approach. I still haven't managed to get 1.1 b1
working with WebSphere 3.5 as I get parser errors. Maybe we can swop
configuration set ups to see the best way to install Struts with WebSphere ?

thanks Aisling

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          raganippe@car|
|        |          diweb.com    |
|        |                       |
|        |          30/07/2002   |
|        |          08:00 PM     |
|        |          Please       |
|        |          respond to   |
|        |          struts-user  |
  |       To:     struts-user@jakarta.apache.org                               |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Aisling Vasey/scs/Linernet)                            |
  |       Subject:     Re: How to install Struts 1.1b on WebSphere 3.5.4       |
  |       (Missing ressources attribute org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE)      |

Tim,

I did so. My ressource file is available within my classpath.

Renato