Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org> on 2018/12/07 15:38:26 UTC

[DISCUSS] Creating last bug fix release for 1.5 branch

Dear community,

I wanted to reach out to you and discuss whether we should release a last
bug fix release for the 1.5 branch.

Since we have already released Flink 1.7.0, we only need to support the
1.6.x and 1.7.x branches (last two major releases). However, the current
release-1.5 branch contains 45 unreleased fixes. Some of the fixes address
serializer duplication problems (FLINK-10839, FLINK-10693), fixing
retractions (FLINK-10674) or prevent a deadlock in the
SpillableSubpartition (FLINK-10491). I think it would be nice for our users
if we officially terminated the Flink 1.5.x support with a last 1.5.6
release. What do you think?

Cheers,
Till

Re: [DISCUSS] Creating last bug fix release for 1.5 branch

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.
I have pushed this fix to the release-1.5 branch:

Would be great if we could include it because it has been blocking some
pipelines on the Beam side.

Thanks,
Max

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.

Posted by jincheng sun <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: [DISCUSS] Creating last bug fix release for 1.5 branch

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.

Posted by qi luo <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Till,

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.