Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Adrian Herscu <bm...@fastmail.fm> on 2007/06/13 17:54:49 UTC

[m2] anyone tried to run Eclipse plugin test with pde:test?

Hi all,

I have my tests in a src/test/java folder and launching them from the
IDE works just fine.

Tried to run them using maven install and the compiler cannot find the
application classes (from src/main/java) :-(

Tried to move the test classes into src/main/java just to make them
compile and got this:

[INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] [surefire:test]
[INFO] No tests to run.
[INFO] [pde:test]
[INFO] [install:install]

...still no tests are run :-(

Adrian.

Re: [m2] anyone tried to run Eclipse plugin test with pde:test?

Posted by Adrian Herscu <bm...@fastmail.fm>.
Yes.
I have managed to tell the compiler to skip the tests classes and this
way to make the build "succeed".
After playing with it few hours I understood that I must supply a
test.xml file (though I still don't know how to invoke the test
through). But even, if I will supply such test.xml it will not run
because the compiler can't compile the tests.
I still do not understand why the maven compiler and surefire plugins
are called... If I have to supply my own test.xml file then I can do
there whatever I need, including compilation and of course testing!
Adrian.

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.