Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Ramon Wang <ra...@appannie.com> on 2013/12/17 10:15:04 UTC

Thrift Error in HBase

Hi Folks

We upgraded our cluster to CDH4.5.0 recently, HBase version is
0.94.6-cdh4.5.0 now. Our client program(written in Python) cannot save data
by using Thrift, there are errors happen when we are trying to save data
with many columns(more than 7 or 8), and here is the error log:

2013-12-17 08:54:39,582 ERROR org.apache.thrift.ProcessFunction: Internal
> error processing mutateRows
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Bytes.getBytes(Bytes.java:781)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.thrift.ThriftServerRunner$HBaseHandler.mutateRowsTs(ThriftServerRunner.java:1037)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.thrift.ThriftServerRunner$HBaseHandler.mutateRows(ThriftServerRunner.java:1018)

I checked the HBase source code, but cannot understand what happens there,
why there can be a NullPointerException, if i save data directly by using
Java client without Thrift, everything works. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Ramon

Re: Thrift Error in HBase

Posted by Ramon Wang <ra...@appannie.com>.
Thanks guys, we have fixed it by reinstall the python depended Thrift lib.

Cheers
Ramon

Re: Thrift Error in HBase

Posted by Anoop John <an...@gmail.com>.
As per the line no it comes as

* byte*[][] famAndQf = KeyValue.*parseColumn*(*getBytes*(m.column));
column inside Mutation comes as null...  Can you check client code

-Anoop-

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 2:59 PM, ramkrishna vasudevan <

Re: Thrift Error in HBase

Posted by ramkrishna vasudevan <ra...@gmail.com>.