Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael Styer <ma...@codix.net> on 2002/04/10 12:08:07 UTC

using rotatelogs with multiple vhosts

Hi there,

Just a quick question about rotatelogs:

I'm thinking of using rotatelogs with multiple vhosts but the same log
file. In other words, multiple vhosts would have a directive like this:

CustomLog  "|/usr/local/apache/bin/rotatelogs \
	   /path/to/extended_log \
	   86400" combined

and in all of them the logfile specifed by the directive is the same.

I know, you're thinking I should just have one default CustomLog directive
and then not define log files at all for the vhosts. I'll spare you the
details, but that won't work in this situation.

Has anyone tried this, or does anyone know whether it will work or not?

Thanks in advance.

mike

--
Michael Styer		mas@codix.net
phone: 020 7603 5723	107 Shepherd's Bush Rd