Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/22 16:15:22 UTC

[DISCUSS] trunk release?

Hi All,

A while ago I asked if it was time to get another release of trunk...
Markus expressed the valid opinion that there were some issues with
recently committed material that had maybe not been given the chance
to mature enough and that could do with more testing.

So far in trunk (since 1.5.1), we've resolved some 45 issues [0], but
we have some critical issues open [1] which could do with some
attention as well.
None of these issues are mine therefore I don't know how those of us
feel (with patches available) about integrating these issues
prior/post 1.6 release... or indeed whether a 1.6 release is welcomed
at the moment? The codebase seems to be stable and getting better so
from my perspective I would back a 1.X release.

All the best for now

Lewis

[0] http://tinyurl.com/cf3vcpr
[1] http://tinyurl.com/d4omnrc