Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Cathy Fauntleroy <ca...@vdtg.com> on 2015/08/04 00:39:27 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] Upgrading from OpenSSL 0.9.8 to OpenSSL 1.0.2a

This is a really late follow-up (my apologies).  I am now trying to
recompile Apache but am not sure I am following the correct steps.  The
command I found to use is:  nmake /f Makefile.win _apacher

If I am understanding things correctly, I need a full version of Visual
Studio to complete this recompile.  I don't have that software currently
installed and, from everything I've seen, it is not free to download.

Is there any other way I can accomplish a recompile of Apache 2.2.25 so that
my instance of OpenSSL 1.0.2a is recognized?

Thanks.