Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by James Allsopp <ja...@googlemail.com.INVALID> on 2020/02/13 10:09:04 UTC

Backing up a guacamole

Hi,
Are there any guides to  how to transfer the configuration from one
guacamole server to another? Ideally I'm going to make a docker container
in dev and then I'd like to start a live server and move the configuration
to it.

Would also be helpful for disaster recovery.

Thanks
James

Re: Backing up a guacamole

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 5:09 AM James Allsopp
<ja...@googlemail.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hi,
> Are there any guides to  how to transfer the configuration from one
> guacamole server to another? Ideally I'm going to make a docker container
> in dev and then I'd like to start a live server and move the configuration
> to it.
>
> Would also be helpful for disaster recovery.

I don't know of a guide for it, but it should be reasonably
straight-forward:
- If you've customized the guacamole.properties file at all, make sure you
have that.  If you're using Docker, this isn't usually an issue, but it
could be.
- Dump the database using the native DB tools and import it into the new DB
location.  There shouldn't be a whole lot that you have to worry about
changing i the DB - unless you've customized the guacd host on a
per-connection basis and it happens to differ in production from your Dev
environment.
- Any proxy configuration you might have done - Nginx or Apache httpd - if
you're using that in front of Guacamole/Tomcat to do SSL, you'll need to
bring that over and modify it.

-Nick