Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu> on 2011/01/05 22:20:47 UTC

[PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0.2-RC1

Hi,

we're aiming at a bugfix release of Maven 3 in the next week and
following tradition we invite interested users in taking the RC for a
test drive in order to detect and fix potential regressions since
version 3.0.1 before the actual release of 3.0.2.

For the duration of the RC testing, sources and binaries are staged at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-006/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.0.2-RC1/

As usual, the changes since the previous release are listed in JIRA:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=16952

Thanks,

-The Maven Team

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0.2-RC1

Posted by Manfred Moser <ma...@mosabuam.com>.
Works for me for building and working with

- Maven Android Plugin
- Maven Android SDK Deplouer
- a JasperServer war project
- ksaop2-android project
- Maven Android Plugin Samples project (4 android project including a
scala one)

manfred
http://www.simpligility.com

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ar...@exoplatform.com>.
No problem with my tests.

Arnaud

Posted by "David Smiley (@MITRE.org)" <DS...@mitre.org>.
I'm getting this error using Maven 3.0.3 for a maven-metadata-local.xml file
Snapshot information corrupted with remote repository data, please verify
that no remote repository uses the id 'local'

My metadata file looks simply like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

  org.apache.solr
  solr-core
  4.0-SNAPSHOT

      1

    20100720183735

I'm not sure what I should do with this error.  The code I'm building, Solr,
does not have any poms referring to a repo named "local".  Nor is there one
in my settings.xml.  I do recall once naming a repo that way but since Maven
3 complained I renamed it.

~ David Smiley

-----
 Author: https://www.packtpub.com/solr-1-4-enterprise-search-server/book

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0.2-RC1

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
Carpentier Xavier wrote:

> I test m3 3.0.2-RC1 and maybe it's regression :
>
> [WARNING] The metadata /Users/carpentierxqvier/.m2/repository/com/greenivory/redmole/client/commons/com.greenivory.redmole.client.commons/2.3.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata-local.xml is invalid: Snapshot information corrupted with remote repository data, please verify that no remote repository uses the id 'local'
> [WARNING] The metadata /Users/carpentierxqvier/.m2/repository/com/greenivory/redmole/client/commons/com.greenivory.redmole.client.commons/2.3.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata-local.xml is invalid: Snapshot information corrupted with remote repository data, please verify that no remote repository uses the id 'local'

Yes, that's wrong, good catch, thanks for testing!

Benjamin

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0.2-RC1

Posted by "Carpentier Xavier (GreenIvory)" <x....@greenivory.com>.
Hi,

I test m3 3.0.2-RC1 and maybe it's regression :

[WARNING] The metadata /Users/carpentierxqvier/.m2/repository/com/greenivory/redmole/client/commons/com.greenivory.redmole.client.commons/2.3.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata-local.xml is invalid: Snapshot information corrupted with remote repository data, please verify that no remote repository uses the id 'local'
[WARNING] The metadata /Users/carpentierxqvier/.m2/repository/com/greenivory/redmole/client/commons/com.greenivory.redmole.client.commons/2.3.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata-local.xml is invalid: Snapshot information corrupted with remote repository data, please verify that no remote repository uses the id 'local'

It's new jar project, generate with artefact quick-start.
Maybe not, it is ?
--
Carpentier Xavier
Ingénieur Développement - x.carpentier@greenivory.com - http://www.greenivory.com

Fax	+1 (919) 493-8837
GSM	+33 6 68 81 87 68
Consider the environment. Don’t print this e-mail unless you need to.
To avoid excessive data transfer, we’ve removed our logo.

Posted by "Carpentier Xavier (GreenIvory)" <x....@greenivory.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Benjamin,

> which matches the observation that your POM locks down
> maven-surefire-report-plugin to 2.4.3 but not maven-surefire-plugin.
Yes you're right...Mea culpa...

Fixed that in my project...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0.2-RC1

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
Karl Heinz Marbaise wrote:

> I have observed that behaviour with maven-surefire 2.7.1 (in
> relationship with Maven 3.0.1) but i use maven-surefire plugin
> 2.4.3...(see http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-680)

 From your build's log:

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

outch...i've found the problem...as i expected it was my pom which was
the problem...not the release...

Sorry for that noise...

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

may be i have observed a little issue...

I have checked the following project
https://github.com/khmarbaise/Maven-Licenses-Verifier-Plugin
and did an

mvn clean package

on it.

The result was that twice times the line

"Running TestSuite"

occured with  with MVN 3.0.2-RC1 but not not with Maven 3.0.1.

I have observed that behaviour with maven-surefire 2.7.1 (in
relationship with Maven 3.0.1) but i use maven-surefire plugin
2.4.3...(see http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-680)

So the question is: Does this regards the new release or is this related
to something different ?

Posted by Evgeny Mandrikov <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Works fine for all Sonar projects, including builds with Tycho.

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 01:32, John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org> wrote:

> I should mention that this is a problem I have verified is still present in
> 3.0.2-RC1, but it's also happening in all the 3.x releases.
>
> Maven 2.2.1 works fine.
>

> On 1/6/11 5:30 PM, John Casey wrote:
>
>> I'm having a problem with the release plugin, BOMs in the reactor, and
>> Maven 3.x. I just uncovered the problem last night, and spent a good
>> part of today trying to narrow it down and verify that it isn't
>> something I'm doing wrong.
>>
>> The issue is http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4962
>>
>> This will definitely have an effect on groups that are building large
>> project structures with BOMs to help coordinate versions.
>>
>> I'm still trying to figure out what might be the best way to fix it, or
>> even to understand how I might go about fixing it at all (still don't
>> completely understand the root cause yet), but I'm happy to help where I
>> can.
>>
>> On 1/5/11 4:20 PM, Benjamin Bentmann wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> we're aiming at a bugfix release of Maven 3 in the next week and
>>> following tradition we invite interested users in taking the RC for a
>>> test drive in order to detect and fix potential regressions since
>>> version 3.0.1 before the actual release of 3.0.2.
>>>
>>> For the duration of the RC testing, sources and binaries are staged at:
>>>
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-006/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.0.2-RC1/
>>>

>>> As usual, the changes since the previous release are listed in JIRA:
>>>
>>> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=16952
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>

>>> -The Maven Team

> John Casey
> Developer, PMC Member - Apache Maven (http://maven.apache.org)
> Blog: http://www.johnofalltrades.name/

Best regards,
http://twitter.com/_godin_
http://www.SonarSource.com <http://www.sonarsource.com/>

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0.2-RC1

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ar...@exoplatform.com>.
No problem with my tests.

Posted by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com>.
Works for me building JBoss AS and some other projects.