Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Neeraj C <ne...@hcl.in> on 2007/06/01 09:05:06 UTC

How to Pass Username and Password //

Hye Friends]

Can anybody tell how can we pass our Login Credentials [i.e Username and
Password] to the Login Page and see the Next Page, which is the Home Page.

With thanks
Neeraj Chowdhury

Re: How to Pass Username and Password //

Posted by mahesh kumar <pm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Neerja,

   - Create a xxx.csv file having user name and password.Place this file
   in Jmeter bin folder
   - Go to function Dialog helper box in Jmeter options
   - select CSV Read from drop down list and give u r csv file name xxx
   starting from 0 and click on Generate below of that pop up window and copy
   that link(The link will be like this CSVRead(xxx.csv,0) .
   - Add Pre Processors > *User Parameters* to Thread group
   - click on *User Parameters* and it contains 2 columns.In the first
   column give some name like username and corresponding value is
   CSVRead(xxx.csv,0) and in 2nd row first column name is password and
   corresponding value is CSVRead(xxx.csv,1)

         Look like this
         username      CSVRead(xxx.csv,0)
         password      CSVRead(xxx.csv,1)

   - Then go to script corresponding user name value put ${username} and
   for password value ${password}

Means it will read the csv file row by row and it will put corresponding
username and password in the above variables.

Note: The CSV file has to be in ur Jmeter bin folder otherwise we need to
give full path.....

----Mahesh