Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Samuel Noble <sn...@nmcourts.gov> on 2020/04/13 21:50:30 UTC

Multiple guacamole servers pointed at the same mariadb?

Hey all,
I'm standing up additional guacamole servers which should ideally stay in
sync (with respect to the connection and user lists)  to my current
production guacamole.
Can I just point multiple guacamole clients at the same DB or is that
something I should avoid?

--
Sam Noble

Re: Multiple guacamole servers pointed at the same mariadb?

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 9:25 PM Newman, Dennis <de...@spglobal.com>
wrote:

> I “accidentally” had just such a setup when I was attempting a vm backup
> of my Guacamole system – seeing this question makes me ask – Why exactly
> would you want to do this?  Does it help Guac in speed or stability?

There are two reasons why I believe people tend to ask about this:
- Scalability, so that they can scale out performance of Guacamole using
multiple servers/instances rather than constantly up-sizing a single server
or instance.
- High Availability, to guard against failure of a single
node/server/instance in the Guacamole environment.

-Nick

RE: Multiple guacamole servers pointed at the same mariadb?

Posted by "Newman, Dennis" <de...@spglobal.com>.
I “accidentally” had just such a setup when I was attempting a vm backup of my Guacamole system – seeing this question makes me ask – Why exactly would you want to do this?  Does it help Guac in speed or stability?

Thanks
Dennis

I'm standing up additional guacamole servers which should ideally stay in sync (with respect to the connection and user lists)  to my current production guacamole.
Can I just point multiple guacamole clients at the same DB or is that something I should avoid?

You can definitely do this. There should be no issue. Guacamole uses proper transactions where necessary.

- Mike

Many thanks, I'd assumed and hoped that was the case!

--
Sam Noble

The information contained in this message is intended only for the recipient, and may be a confidential attorney-client communication or may otherwise be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, please be aware that any dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. S&P Global Inc. reserves the right, subject to applicable local law, to monitor, review and process the content of any electronic message or information sent to or from S&P Global Inc. e-mail addresses without informing the sender or recipient of the message. By sending electronic message or information to S&P Global Inc. e-mail addresses you, as the sender, are consenting to S&P Global Inc. processing any of your personal data therein.

Re: Multiple guacamole servers pointed at the same mariadb?

Posted by Samuel Noble <sn...@nmcourts.gov>.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.