Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/07 12:30:12 UTC

Build is broken

Wookie now won't run on my system either - I think the latest changes
to the build system have some problems.

I fixed a couple of trivial errors that prevented "ant" to complete on
a clean build without errors (calls to "default" configs changed to
"dev"). However "ant run" always then results in:

      [java] Initial SessionFactory creation
failed.java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
      [java] 11:06:56,085 ERROR log:? - failed
org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@21eabe{/wookie,build/webapp/
wookie}
      [java] java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
      [java] 	at
org
.apache
.wookie.util.hibernate.HibernateUtil.<clinit>(HibernateUtil.java:35)
      [java] 	at
org
.apache
.wookie.server.ContextListener.contextInitialized(ContextListener.java:
65)
      [java] 	at
org
.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.startContext(ContextHandler.java:
530)
      [java] 	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:135)
      [java] 	at
org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:
1218)
      [java] 	at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:
500)
      [java] 	at
org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:448)
      [java] 	at
org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:40)
      [java] 	at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:
117)
      [java] 	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:210)
      [java] 	at
org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:40)
      [java] 	at org.apache.wookie.server.Start.startServer(Start.java:
89)
      [java] 	at org.apache.wookie.server.Start.main(Start.java:67)
      [java] Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
      [java] 	at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
      [java] 	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:164)
      [java] 	at
org
.hibernate
.connection
.C3P0ConnectionProvider.configure(C3P0ConnectionProvider.java:114)
      [java] 	at
org
.hibernate
.connection
.ConnectionProviderFactory
.newConnectionProvider(ConnectionProviderFactory.java:137)
      [java] 	at
org
.hibernate
.connection
.ConnectionProviderFactory
.newConnectionProvider(ConnectionProviderFactory.java:79)
      [java] 	at
org
.hibernate
.cfg.SettingsFactory.createConnectionProvider(SettingsFactory.java:448)
      [java] 	at
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:89)
      [java] 	at
org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettings(Configuration.java:2101)
      [java] 	at
org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:
1325)
      [java] 	at
org
.apache
.wookie.util.hibernate.HibernateUtil.<clinit>(HibernateUtil.java:31)
      [java] 	... 12 more
      [java] Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: sealing
violation: package org.apache.derby.iapi.jdbc is sealed

Which would explain the "404" error Steve recently reported; I get the
same when trying to view /wookie in a browser

Re: Build is broken

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 09/03/2010 22:17, Scott Wilson wrote:

> On 9 Mar 2010, at 22:12, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> On 07/03/2010 11:30, Scott Wilson wrote:
>>> Wookie now won't run on my system either - I think the latest changes to
>>> the build system have some problems.
>>
>> If mine were the commits that broke this then I apologise and
>> recommend you roll back those commits.
>>
>> I was in the middle of some work when my wife went into labour so may
>> well have done something silly.
>>
>> I'm not able to look at what I did right now, so revert the commits
>> and get your build working again (if you have not already done so).
>
> No worries, I found it and fixed it. Oh oh, and it looks like I just
> broke the build now :-(

Is your wife in labour?

If not then I feel I have the best excuse for letting this happen ;-)

Ross

Re: Build is broken

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Build is broken

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 19/03/2010 12:33, Steve Nisbet wrote:
> Ross! Hope the labour went well, any news?
>
>> I was in the middle of some work when my wife went into labour so may
>> well have done something silly.

:-)

My baby daughter is now (nearly) two weeks old. Everything is good. I
even go back to work on Monday.

http://osswatch.jiscinvolve.org/2010/03/10/life-is-wonderful/

(thanks to Scott for fixing the buid problem I introduced)

Ross

Re: Build is broken

Posted by Steve Nisbet <S....@mmu.ac.uk>.

Re: Build is broken