Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2003/12/10 04:07:37 UTC

Re: Forrestbot2 issues

Quoting Marshall Roch <ma...@exclupen.com>:

> I saw the new Forrestbot docs.  Very nice, Dave.  You've resolved my
> problems before I asked them twice in the last 4 hours!

You're quick, I just put them up today!

> I have just one issue left with the forrestbot, now that there's
> documentation.  I'm using a custom skin, but Ant must not be finding it
> in src/documentation/skins/, since it's checking the forrest site, and
> the build fails.  "forrest" and "forrest run" work fine.
>
> fetch-skins-descriptor:
> Getting: http://xml.apache.org/forrest/skins/skins.xml
> .
> last modified = Sun Oct 05 23:01:16 EDT 2003
>
> fetch-skin:
> Processing
> /usr/local/forrest/xml-forrest/build/dist/shbat/context/skins/skins.xml
> to /home/forrest/work/web/tmp/skinlist2fetchbuild.xml
> /usr/local/forrest/xml-forrest/build/dist/shbat/var/skinlist2fetch.xsl
>
> fetch-versioned-skin:
> Trying to get "whs" skin version
>                    0.5...
> Caught exception: java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: whs-0.5.zip
> Oops, something broke

I haven't tried anything with forresbot with skins and I don't know how the
fetching works either.  Forrestbot will use the forrestbot.properties and
skinconf.xml (and all other configurations) from your project.  So if the skin
is in your project's source (check the build directory forrestbot creates) it
should work.  I'll look into the skin fetching when I have time.

--
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net