Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by DavidWei <xi...@rrd.com> on 2008/05/05 23:19:27 UTC

T5: pass value between components in different pages

I have two pages, list and edit pages. Each page contains one or more
components. From list page, I use an actionlink to pass the item id as Long
to edit page, which I have a setter to set this id in the component which I
like to use (in which I persist this passed id).

Everything is working well if you keep working between those two pages, but
I found one problem which is the id value will be null if I refresh the edit
page after like 10 min. the T5 will throw exception as follows:
org.springframework.transaction.UnexpectedRollbackException: Transaction
rolled back because it has been marked as rollback-only

To me it seems that the id value passed from list page has got lost/cleaned
up.

I have tried some alternatives, but no of them is working.

Any help will be appreciated!

David

Re: T5: pass value between components in different pages

Posted by DavidWei <xi...@rrd.com>.
Thanks for your suggestion.
Actually it is not caused by session timeout, because by default session
timeout is 30 min. In my case, I refresh page just after 10 min. I think the
way I was doing somehow the value/reference of value was cleared by T5.

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@thedailytube.com>.