Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Vijay Shanker <vs...@comframe.com> on 2006/04/18 17:45:15 UTC

Help me about changes plugin

As per requirement, I have to prepares reports about changes in files between current version and previous version of files so could any body suggest me the approach for achieving this goal.

I got to know from maven website that there are two plugins neams as "changes" and "changelog" but when I click on those, I get page not found problem.

Looking for the help.

Thanks in advance.

Vijay

RE: Help me about changes plugin

Posted by Vijay Shanker <vs...@comframe.com>.
Hi Lee,

Thanks a lot. It is great help to me, I will try to use changelog plugin as per your suggestion and let you know shortly. I think if changes plugin works as you explained then that is what we are looking for.

Thanks again.

Vijay

Posted by Lee Meador <le...@leemeador.com>.
Its funny, the changelog only seems to care about "sources" and changes to
things like pom.xml and other files that are not considered source cause
that message.

Posted by Gautham Pamu <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lee,

Posted by Lee Meador <le...@leemeador.com>.
Put this in your pom.xml to add a report showing what has changed in the
version control during the last 30 days. There are some config settings you
can add that change just what is shown in the report.

    <reporting>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                <artifactId>changelog-maven-plugin</artifactId>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </reporting>

When you do a mvn site, it will generate the reports as html and put them
under the 'target' folder.

You also have to be sure and set the <scm> section in your pom so it knows
how to talk to the version control:

 <scm>
 <connection>scm:svn:svn://subversion.company.com/project/trunk/base/</connection>
 <developerConnection>scm:svn:svn://subversion.company.com/project/trunk/base/</developerConnection>
 <url></url>
 </scm>

You can find the right connection url by going to a blank working folder and
doing this from command line:

mvn scm:checkout -DconnectionUrl="scm:svn:svn://sub..."

with the same thing as is in the <connection> tag. When it checks out your
project, you have it right.

There used to be some info at http://mojo.codehaus.org/*changelog*-*maven*-*
plugin*/howto.html<http://mojo.codehaus.org/changelog-maven-plugin/howto.html>
but it seems to point back to
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-changelog-plugin now and that doesn't
have anything there.

I think the 'changes' plugin is used to generate a page for the site showing
what has changed between version 1.1 and 1.2 for example. I'm not really
sure.

-- Lee Meador

On 4/18/06, Vijay Shanker <vs...@comframe.com> wrote:

> As per requirement, I have to prepares reports about changes in files
> between current version and previous version of files so could any body
> suggest me the approach for achieving this goal.
>
> I got to know from maven website that there are two plugins neams as
> "changes" and "changelog" but when I click on those, I get page not found
> problem.
>
> Looking for the help.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Vijay

-- Lee Meador
Sent from gmail. My real email address is lee@leemeador.com

Re: Help me about changes plugin

Posted by ia...@jpmchase.com.
There are a number of dead links on maven.apache.org.  The plugin
documentation links are the most visible, primarily because those are the
ones that long term Maven users are most interested in (personal
opinion/observation here.  Any relation to objective fact is purely
coincidental).

Is this something that the Maven team is aware of, and what, if anything,
can we as users do to help us help ourselves (beyond opening issues in
JIRA)?

Thanks,
Ian

It's better to be hated for who you are