Posted to users@camel.apache.org by JaredBoucher <jb...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/20 00:40:19 UTC

Re: How to set proxy excludes on http component?

Hi Willem,

I have a requirement for my current project using camel to be able to
exclude internal hosts in our network from a proxy which allows outbound
traffic.  All external traffic would go through the proxy.  Is there any
plans to support proxy exclusions in the camel context for the
HttpComponent/HttpEndpoint in the near future, as this would be very useful
for our requirements.

Thank you,

Re: How to set proxy excludes on http component?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 12:40 AM, JaredBoucher <jb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Willem,
>
> I have a requirement for my current project using camel to be able to
> exclude internal hosts in our network from a proxy which allows outbound
> traffic.  All external traffic would go through the proxy.  Is there any
> plans to support proxy exclusions in the camel context for the
> HttpComponent/HttpEndpoint in the near future, as this would be very useful
> for our requirements.

You should log a JIRA ticket and as we love contributions people is
welcome to work on a patch

Then we can have some new options to set the exclude host name(s)
http://camel.apache.org/http

> Thank you,

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: How to set proxy excludes on http component?

Posted by JaredBoucher <jb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Henrique,

Unless something has changed from the discussion in this thread, camel does
not respect the http proxy system properties.  The properties must be set in
the camel context, not as a java system property.

Also, the http.nonProxyHosts is ignored when set in the camel context or
system property as noted in this thread and in my personal trials.

Re: How to set proxy excludes on http component?

Posted by Henrique Viecili <vi...@gmail.com>.
You could set up the system property 'http.nonProxyHosts'

Henrique Viecili