Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Donal <do...@YAHOO.CO.UK> on 2007/03/09 07:12:50 UTC

RE: installing the admin on 5.5

I had similar difficulty setting up the admin package.

My issue was that I was starting tomcat as user tomcat, but after unzipping
the admin files were owned by root. Once I did  chown -R tomcat:tomcat
CATALINA_HOME/server/webapps/admin/ I was able to login to the admin (after
clearing the browser cache).