Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Hugo Marcelino <hu...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/21 20:28:47 UTC

Need help in portal . How can i do this ?

Hi.

My name is Hugo Marcelino and i need some help on doing something in the
portal.
I'm using the portal with cocoon forms and when people are using the forms i
need to change the coplet title.

I was able to set the title , but somehow it is not syncronize in the first
time, ie, it does change the title , but it only works when i refresh.

This is happening because the continuations (cinclude content coplet) are
only processed after the layout has been generated.

Does anyone have an ideia off how can i change the title ???

Thank you in advance.
21-10-2005
Hugo Marcelino

Re: Need help in portal . How can i do this ?

Posted by Nick Goupinets <ng...@openskysolutions.ca>.
Hi Hugo,

You are right that coplet tiles are processed before the coplet that
modifies the content. Therefore, at the time coplet modified title, the
old one has already been generated for the current request.

I think that the right way will be to create a custom portal event, then
to do all the work out publisher/subscriber components, etc..

Theoretically, it should be possible to create an action that changes
title of a given coplet. It need to be invoked before "portal" match is
executed in the main portal sitemap.

Additionally, it is possible to hack it with using JavaScript, where the
entire page is refreshed automatically for the portal right after the
coplet title was changed (but before it shows up due to refresh delay).

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Nick Goupinets.