Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Szabó Roland <RS...@szintezis.hu> on 2001/10/19 15:05:23 UTC

Dependency checking problems

Hi!

If I use xsl:include in any of my stylesheets, and I modify the included
xslt,
the changes will not work automatically. I have to <touch> the stylesheet
where I do the include to force a reload of the included stylesheet.

Is this a xalan problem or a cocoon problem?

Thanks,
Roland

RE: Dependency checking problems

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.
Hi,

this is a Cocoon Caching problem. Your requests are cached by
Cocoon. The caching implementation is not aware of xsl:include,
so if your main stylesheet does not change, the cached content
is still seen as valid even if the included ones change.

The only solutions are: avoid xsl:include and use more than
one stylesheet in a pipeline or turn of caching.

Carsten