Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2022/03/22 13:56:41 UTC

Tomcat 8.5.78 (and other branches as well)

All,

Given the fact that tcnative 1.2.32 was released to include a
freshly-patched, statically-linked openssl binary, I plan on rolling
8.5.78 next Thursday, March 31st. (I would have done Friday but I don't
want any confusion over the use of April 1st as a day to announce
anything.) This will give Windows admins a chance to have a package they
can install without having to juggle a Tomcat release separately from a
tcnative release.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind any Windows admins out
there that there is also a new binary release of Apache httpd available
from Apache Lounge[1] which includes all the latest CVEs reported
against httpd itself as well as OpenSSL. I would make that a priority if
I were you.

-chris

[1] https://www.apachelounge.com/download/

Re: Tomcat 8.5.78 (and other branches as well)

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 5:11 PM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> FYI I'm aiming to tag 10.1.x and 10.0.x late Tuesday next week with a
> view to completing the VOTE on Saturday as I have other things on the
> first full week of April and finding time to do a release could be tricky.

+1

Rémy

Rémy

> Mark

> > All,
> >
> > Given the fact that tcnative 1.2.32 was released to include a
> > freshly-patched, statically-linked openssl binary, I plan on rolling
> > 8.5.78 next Thursday, March 31st. (I would have done Friday but I don't
> > want any confusion over the use of April 1st as a day to announce
> > anything.) This will give Windows admins a chance to have a package they
> > can install without having to juggle a Tomcat release separately from a
> > tcnative release.
> >
> > I would like to take this opportunity to remind any Windows admins out
> > there that there is also a new binary release of Apache httpd available
> > from Apache Lounge[1] which includes all the latest CVEs reported
> > against httpd itself as well as OpenSSL. I would make that a priority if
> > I were you.
> >
> > -chris
> >
> > [1] https://www.apachelounge.com/download/

RE: Tomcat 8.5.78 (and other branches as well)

Posted by jo...@wellsfargo.com.INVALID.
Chris,

I know about the monthly cadence, it just seems a lot sooner lately, that's all. :-) Keeping me on my toes with no relaxation time. :-)

> -Chris

Dream * Excel * Explore * Inspire
Jon McAlexander
Infrastructure Engineer
Asst Vice President
He/His

Middleware Product Engineering
Enterprise CIO | EAS | Middleware | Infrastructure Solutions

8080 Cobblestone Rd | Urbandale, IA 50322
MAC: F4469-010
Tel 515-988-2508 | Cell 515-988-2508

jonmcalexander@wellsfargo.com
This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

Re: Tomcat 8.5.78 (and other branches as well)

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Jon,

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.