Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by MySQL Student <my...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/22 20:50:16 UTC

BAYES_99 score & lint

Hi all,

When I run "spamassassin -D --lint", I receive this output:

[14406] info: rules: meta test LOCAL_BAYES_RTF has dependency 'BAYES_99'
with a zero score

Which is it saying has a zero score?

BAYES_99 in 50_scores.cf is shown as:

score BAYES_99 0 0 3.5 3.5

The LOCAL_BAYES_RTF is a meta rule that combines BAYES_99 with a mimeheader
rule with 0.1 score that catches RTF files.

Ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

Re: BAYES_99 score & lint

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
The debug output is saying that the meta rule, LOCAL_BAYES_RTF, has a
dependency, BAYES_99, which has a 0 score.
In the score line, there are two zero values. ;)   It depends what
scoreset you're running in.
Also, just because 50_scores.cf has something set doesn't mean
something later on doesn't change it.

Re: BAYES_99 score & lint

Posted by Kelson <ke...@speed.net>.
John Hardin wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Jun 2009, MySQL Student wrote:
>
>> meta       LOCAL_BAYES_RTF    (BAYES_99 && LOCAL_CTYP_RTF)
>> score      LOCAL_BAYES_RTF     1.5
>> describe   LOCAL_BAYES_RTF     Rule by AS: Probably an Inline RTF spam
>
> If the only thing it's complaining about during lint is the zero score,
> don't worry too much about it.

Or try defining the score like this:

score      LOCAL_BAYES_RTF     0 0 1.5 1.5

That way SA will only try to run it under the same score sets that Bayes
is enabled.

The problem might simply be that lint is running with Bayes disabled
(score set 0 or 1), in which case BAYES_99 will be scored at 0.

--
Kelson Vibber

Re: BAYES_99 score & lint

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Mon, 22 Jun 2009, MySQL Student wrote:

> meta       LOCAL_BAYES_RTF    (BAYES_99 && LOCAL_CTYP_RTF)
> score      LOCAL_BAYES_RTF     1.5
> describe   LOCAL_BAYES_RTF     Rule by AS: Probably an Inline RTF spam
>
> mimeheader LOCAL_CTYP_RTF    Content-Type =~
> /^application\/octet-stream.\.rtf/i
> score      LOCAL_CTYP_RTF    0.1
> describe   LOCAL_CTYP_RTF    Rule by AS: Content-Type: RTF
>
> I also looked a bit further, and don't see where else BAYES_99 might be
> redefined, and I'm sure that it's scoring above zero.

If the only thing it's complaining about during lint is the zero score,
don't worry too much about it. Try running a real message through SA with
debugging turned on and see what it says:

  spamassassin -L -t --debug area=all,rules <spam.msg >result 2>&1

   USMC Rules of Gunfighting #12: Have a plan.
   USMC Rules of Gunfighting #13: Have a back-up plan, because the
   first one won't work.
  11 days until the 233rd anniversary of the Declaration of Independence

Re: BAYES_99 score & lint

Posted by MySQL Student <my...@gmail.com>.

> Post your entire scoring block for LOCAL_BAYES_RTF

meta       LOCAL_BAYES_RTF    (BAYES_99 && LOCAL_CTYP_RTF)
score      LOCAL_BAYES_RTF     1.5
describe   LOCAL_BAYES_RTF     Rule by AS: Probably an Inline RTF spam

mimeheader LOCAL_CTYP_RTF    Content-Type =~
/^application\/octet-stream.\.rtf/i
score      LOCAL_CTYP_RTF    0.1
describe   LOCAL_CTYP_RTF    Rule by AS: Content-Type: RTF

I also looked a bit further, and don't see where else BAYES_99 might be
redefined, and I'm sure that it's scoring above zero.

Is there a way to print out all the rules with their scores?

Thanks,
Alex

Re: BAYES_99 score & lint

Posted by LuKreme <kr...@kreme.com>.
On 22 Jun, 2009, at 12:50 , MySQL Student wrote:
> Ideas greatly appreciated.

Post your entire scoring block for LOCAL_BAYES_RTF

--
Updated to be PRCE compatible after 400 years: /(bb|[^b]{2})/