Posted to users@maven.apache.org by gchoi <gc...@sdl.com> on 2012/03/16 19:30:27 UTC

How to include librabries when compile with Maven?

Hi All,

As you can see from the subject, I am new to Maven. I used to develope,
compile and build project using Eclipse, but recently I got some problem
with Eclipse with Metro generated code. Someone suggested me that I should
compile project using Maven instead Eclipse. So, hear I am. My project
relies on many third party libraries, but I am not sure how do I make Maven
aware of them? By adding all libraries in the class path might work, but I
am looking into reference lib directory name somewhere in my pom.xml. Any
suggestions?

  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

  <groupId>com.sdl.airline.metro.clients</groupId>
  <artifactId>soapclient</artifactId>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>

  <name>soapclient</name>
  <url>http://maven.apache.org</url>

  <properties>
  </properties>

  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>junit</groupId>
      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
      <version>3.8.1</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
  <build>
	 <plugins>
	   <plugin>
		  <configuration>
			   <source>1.6</source>
			   <target>1.6</target>
		  </configuration>
	   </plugin>
	 </plugins>
  </build>
</project>

Thanks.
Gina

Re: How to include librabries when compile with Maven?

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
http://www.springsource.com/developer/sts is the description in
marketing terms

For m2E the provider is Eclipse.org-m2e and the Feature Name is Maven
Integration for Eclipse
org.eclipse.m2e.feature is the id. version is 1.0.200.20111228-1245.

You can download it and see what you think.
Try it on one of your projects - make a new workspace just in case you
want to go back.

It is a single download with everything that you need to develop Java
projects.

We have used it for almost 3 years and it was a big improvement over
Eclipse - just in terms of install and upgrade.
We have barely scratched the surface when it comes to features.

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President

Re: How to include librabries when compile with Maven?

Posted by Curtis Rueden <ct...@wisc.edu>.
Hi Chad,

Is that packaged with m2e as the maven plugin, or does spring provide its
> own maven plugin?

I believe STS comes with m2e.

I also want to point out that the "Eclipse for Java Developers" download
for 3.7 Indigo also comes with m2e (
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-java-developers/indigosr2).
So you don't have to go whole hog with STS if you just want Maven.

Regards,
Curtis

Posted by Ch...@emc.com.

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
You might also want to switch from Eclipse to Eclipse STS from the
Spring guys.
This gives you Eclipse and Maven in the IDE all from a single download.
We have used it for a few years now and it is much better than Eclipse
on its own.
We do no command line Maven. It is all done inside Eclipse STS.

Ron

Posted by Jesse Farinacci <ji...@gmail.com>.
Greetings,