Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Pedro David Marco <pe...@yahoo.com> on 2016/11/10 19:37:01 UTC

Doubt about compiled rules precedence

Hi!
I have a doubt about compiled rules with sa-compile:
Precedence between a "rule" and its compiled version is automatic so as long as the rule is not modified, the compiled rule will take precedence, am i right?I have noticed that sometimes (only sometimes) if i modify the rule, spamassassin keeps using the compiled version... does it make sense?
Thanks!
-----Pedro

Re: Doubt about compiled rules precedence

Posted by Pedro David Marco <pe...@yahoo.com>.
Something like that must be John...
I will check my scripts once more...
Thanks!

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Thu, 10 Nov 2016, Pedro David Marco wrote:

>> I'm assuming that you *are* recompiling the rules and restarting�
>> spamd/Amavis after you make changes to the rules?
>
> sure, forgot to mention, sorry...

No problem, sometimes the obvious is overlooked.

Perhaps the compile failed and SA is using the last good results?

   The more you believe you can create heaven on earth
   the more likely you are to set up guillotines in the public square
   to hasten the process.                              -- James Lileks
  Tomorrow: Veterans Day

Re: Doubt about compiled rules precedence

Posted by Pedro David Marco <pe...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.