Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2006/08/07 04:31:13 UTC

our Gump build failing due to Cocoon

Gav.... wrote:
> According to Gump, this has not worked since December 2005, remind me,
> Can we do something about this, or should we suppress this particular
> Failure warning?

Forrest depends on Cocoon. Because Cocoon moved to Maven for
its build system, its Gump build is failing. We need to help
Cocoon upgrade its gump descriptor. There is recent discussion
on both dev.at.cocoon and general.at.gump

The nag can be turned off via our gump descriptor.

My personal opinion is that i would rather that we
keep getting nagged. That is one idea of Gump, it will
encourage us to cross to the other communities and help
them to integrate better.

-David

Re: our Gump build failing due to Cocoon

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Gav.... wrote:
>
>>According to Gump, this has not worked since December 2005, remind me,
>>Can we do something about this, or should we suppress this particular
>>Failure warning?
>

> Forrest depends on Cocoon. Because Cocoon moved to Maven for
> its build system, its Gump build is failing. We need to help
> Cocoon upgrade its gump descriptor. There is recent discussion
> on both dev.at.cocoon and general.at.gump
>
> The nag can be turned off via our gump descriptor.
>
> My personal opinion is that i would rather that we
> keep getting nagged. That is one idea of Gump, it will
> encourage us to cross to the other communities and help
> them to integrate better.

This is exactly why I have not turned off the nag. Although I had hoped
to find some time before now...

Ross

RE: our Gump build failing due to Cocoon

Posted by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.

Ok, I'll take a look, can't see anything relevant on gump-general so far
though - and their Jira hasn't been used since January !?

> The nag can be turned off via our gump descriptor.
>
> My personal opinion is that i would rather that we
> keep getting nagged. That is one idea of Gump, it will
> encourage us to cross to the other communities and help
> them to integrate better.

Yep, good idea, I need to check out gump more before I make any more
Judgements. (The lists are very quiet though, I might wake them up
With a post)

Gav...