Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Frank Martínez <mn...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/14 23:23:26 UTC

nifi 0.4.1 does not start

Hi Guys,

I have just downloaded apache nifi 0.4.1, extracted and run bin/nifi.sh
start
But it does not start. It fails immediatly with:

org.apache.nifi.distributed.cache.client.Serializer

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Frank Martínez.

PS. I am using Linux Mint, and JDK 1.7.0_67

--
Frank D. Martínez M.

Re: nifi 0.4.1 does not start

Posted by Andy LoPresto <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Frank. Glad to hear it is resolved. Good luck using NiFi.

Andy LoPresto
alopresto.apache@gmail.com

Re: nifi 0.4.1 does not start

Posted by Frank Martínez <mn...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy,

--
Frank D. Martínez M.

Re: nifi 0.4.1 does not start

Posted by Matthew Clarke <ma...@gmail.com>.
I'd this a brand new install or are you upgrading and using a flow.xml.gz
file from a previous install?  If it is a brand new install, some Linux
install do not provide enough open file handles by default I allow NiFi to
even start. Try increasing the available file handles. You can see the
current limits by running the ulimit -a command.  The stack trace in the
logs Andy was asking for should indicate the specific class it is failing
to find. If this is an upgrade, dig your previous NiFi have any custom
processors?

Thanks, Matt

Re: nifi 0.4.1 does not start

Posted by Andy LoPresto <al...@gmail.com>.