Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2017/10/02 12:52:54 UTC

Re: maven: war LICENSE file

Hi all,

I just committed some more changes to the java8 and jaca7 console. I hope that now all should be in place and the modules should be ok from a legal point of view.
Unfortunately, I had to jump though quite a lot of hoops in order to get everything working correctly. But now I think all is good and I did learn quite a bit from that.

A big thanks to Justin who helped me a lot by inspecting tons of war and jar files I sent him via my Google Drive. It would have taken quite a lot of iterations without that help :-)

Please inspect my latest changes and especially their output.

Chris

Am 29.09.17, 11:55 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

    Hi Justin,

    so, I invested some time today to address the licensing requirements. I currently just did that for the servlets module. If that’s ok, then I’ll apply similar changes to the server jar.
    Now the build generates a THIRD-PARTY.txt file containing the license names and the module names which are included in the archive
    Additionally the “license” directory contains the textual versoins (TXT or HTML) of the licenses.

    Chris

    Am 27.09.17, 06:45 schrieb "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com>:

        Hi,

        > Chris, while the enhancement to make the war’s WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/DEPENDENCIES complete with info for bundled external jars is great, I believe the war’s LICENSE still needs to have that info too… or more sensibly the LICENSE needs to include a reference to that info.  Don’t shoot the messenger! :-)

        I've taken a quick look and the war/jar bundles:

        BSD licensed D3 3.3.9 [1]
        BSD ;licensed d3-plugins-sankey
        MIT licensed  d3.legend.js
        MIT licensed jQuery 1.11.2
        MIT licensed jQueryUI 1.11.4
        Apache licensed gson-2.8.0
        Apache licensed metrics-core-3.1.2

        All of the MIT and BSD licenses need to be added to license, the Apache licensed one can be but are optional.

        Metrics includes a NOTICE file [1] and that will effect our NOTICE file. i.e. it’s contents will need to be added.

        Thanks,
        Justin

        1. https://github.com/dropwizard/metrics/blob/4.0-development/NOTICE

Re: maven: war LICENSE file

Posted by Dale LaBossiere <dm...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good.  The dynamic download was cool but having more places with duplicated/manually sync’d info was a bit ugly :-)
I’ll pull and check it out!

— Dale

Re: maven: war LICENSE file

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Dale,

Re: maven: war LICENSE file

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Aaaahh … I remember … I think I had that file generated, copied it and fine-tuned the ones that needed tuning. I could remove most of them, I guess … after all it only is used for downloading the license texts for bundled artifacts.

Re: maven: war LICENSE file

Posted by Dale LaBossiere <dm...@gmail.com>.

Re: maven: war LICENSE file

Posted by Dale LaBossiere <dm...@gmail.com>.