Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by adrien le roy <ad...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/20 15:49:20 UTC

session creation and stateless

Hello,

I am a little bit confuse about about how to test if a session have
been created in a Panel
I was using Session.get() but it is creating session if it don't exists.
Regarding stateless page, how to test if a page is stateless ?
 If I have understood well, a page is considered statefull when a
session is created during requestcycle?

Thanks

Re: session creation and stateless

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
see wicket-dev-utils, there is a stateless checker there that can help you.

wicket's session object is created on every request, but while the app
is not stateful it is not persisted/put into httpsession. so you will
always have a session object during a wicket request.

there is page.ispagestateless() that will tell you if the page is
stateless or not after render.

-igor