Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Greg Hill <gh...@nebula.coginst.uwf.edu> on 2000/04/06 03:02:41 UTC

How can I password protect a directory or a file?...

Can someone please tell me how to password-protect a resource so that when
accessing that resource from a client (say Internet Explorer), the
server will send a challenge to the client?

Also, I noticed that tomcat-apache.conf gets generated automatically when
I run tomcat.  Could someone please point me to the docs that describe how
this is done?

Thanks

Greg Hill

Does Tomcat work on BSD?

Posted by Gerard Monsen <ge...@legalvista.com>.
       My apologies for asking such a basic question, but does
Tomcat work on BSD?  I see the binaries for Solaris, Linux,
and NT but not BSD.

Gerard Monsen
Integrated Litigation Solutions
Oakland, CA