Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Andrei Shakirin <as...@talend.com> on 2013/05/05 10:09:46 UTC

RE: Thoughts about a 2.8 release (or not)…

Hi,

The issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-5001 contains initial draft of  XKMS service donated by Talend.

I tried to describe the use case, architecture and design of XKMS Service in CXF wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF20DOC/XML+Key+Management+Service+%28XKMS%29
and in the blog: http://ashakirin.blogspot.de/2013/04/cxf-security-getting-certificates-from.html.

The initial draft of XKMS service implementation supports X509 public keys, simple File and LDAP storages and provides Web and OSGi deployment.
Suggested target CXF release version for XKMS service is 3.0.

Any feedback for this code is welcome. The next tasks will be support revocation lists, complete validate operation for trusted chains, extend system tests, support other types of  keys and keys storages.

Regards,
Andrei.