Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vincent Stoessel <vi...@xaymaca.com> on 2002/10/15 19:37:48 UTC

struts in netbeans

Hello,
I am trying to deploy a struts app from NetBeans 3.4.
Netbeans attempts to compile all the classes before creating
a .war file. The problem is that compilation stops when it cannot
find the BodyTagSupport class  which is located in javax.servlet.jsp.tagext
I tried mounting servlet.jar from tomcat to no avail. Is there something
that I am missing here. Anyone here have any success with  making  NB
3.4's compiler aware of the servlet/taglib stuff?
Thanks
--
Vincent Stoessel
Linux Systems Developer

Re: struts in netbeans

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
Use ant to build :-)  I use NB as my IDE too - and I love it - but I
*always* use ant to build ;-)  Among other things, this allows me to
keep my source/binary files seperate.  I setup something like:

<project>/
    web/    <--- my web module "root"
    src/   <--- my source tree
    dist/   <--- dump WAR/JAR files here

Then, I have a build file in the root of my src tree that I just click
on and hit F6 ;-)  Works super.  The build file compiles in-place and
then copies things over to the web heirarchy.  Then, when I'm ready to
deploy, I war it up to the dist folder.  ant really makes it easy.
 Forget that fancy NB deploy feature and go with something bullet-proof ;-)

My 2 cents.

--
Eddie Bush