Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Shriyan Sanmuganathan <ss...@asdyn.com> on 2003/06/11 19:14:17 UTC

Iterator tag and capuring selected values

<select name="productid" class="inputtext" >
I need a help from someone who know struts well. The question is how do
I do this first part using struts.

If I do a regular JSP for selects I do this way,

<select name="productid" class="inputtext" >
 <option  value="-1">Select a product</option>
     <% QueryBean.setSQLStatement(" SELECT product_id,product FROM
products_tb ORDER BY product ");
       if(QueryBean.getRecord())
          {
             while(QueryBean.getNextRecord())
               {
                String sel="";
                if( request.getParameter("productid")!=null &&
request.getParameter("productid").equals(QueryBean.getColumn("product_id
")) )
                    sel="SELECTED";
     %>
     <option
value="<%=QueryBean.getColumn("product_id")%>"<%=sel%>><%=QueryBean.getC
olumn("product")%></option>
         <%}
          }
     QueryBean.cleanup();
 %>
 </select>

What I want to know is when I use struts iterate tag how do I capture
the request and do like above for selected values

<select name="productid" class="inputtext" >
   <logic:iterate id="pId" name="ProductBean" property="productList">
                        <OPTION  VALUE="<bean:write name=" pId "
property="productId" />" ><bean:write name=" pId "
property="productName" />
  </logic:iterate>
</select>

Thanks