Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Srinivasan Hariharan <sr...@outlook.com> on 2015/06/06 20:46:42 UTC

Kylin not connects to Hive Metastore

Hi,

I am running my hadoop/hive/hbase in pseudo distributed mode. I have configure hive metastore in mysql instead of embedded thrift. However kylin not using the hive metastore instead of it creates uses derby database and queries it. Could anyone help??.

Regards,
Srinivasan Hariharan

Re: Kylin not connects to Hive Metastore

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
Which version of Kylin you are using and how is it installed?

Posted by "Shi, Shaofeng" <sh...@ebay.com>.
Kylin might not find the correct hive-site.xml; Please run
$KYLIN_HOME/bin/find-hive-dependency.sh, it will output the hive
dependency paths, among them the first one is the hive config folder; For
example:

hive dependency:
/etc/hive/conf:/usr/hdp/2.2.4.2-2/hive/lib/*:/usr/hdp/2.2.4.2-2/oozie/oozie
-server/webapps/oozie/WEB-INF/lib/hive-hcatalog-core-0.14.0.2.2.4.2-2.jar

Then check whether the correct hive-site.xml is in the hive config folder
(/etc/hive/conf in this sample);