Posted to user@avro.apache.org by Andrew Kenworthy <ad...@yahoo.com> on 2011/10/28 09:59:18 UTC

ThriftDatumReader and null values (Tag 1.6.0-rc0)

Hallo,

I'm trying out the latest Avro tag (1.6.0-rc0) as the new ThriftDatumReader/Writer classes look really interesting (we currently receive thrift files as input for our hadoop jobs and would like to convert them to avro format as early as possible, and then use avro (de-)serialisation throughout our job stack).

I have tried out the test case (TestThrift) and it works fine until I comment out the line:

test.setStringField("foo");

at which point the test fails as null values don't seem to be allowed. Is this intentional or is there something basic that I have not understood?

Thanks,

Andrew Kenworthy

Re: ThriftDatumReader and null values (Tag 1.6.0-rc0)

Posted by Andrew Kenworthy <ad...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for the quick response and fix!

Andrew

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.