Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at> on 2005/03/01 17:27:47 UTC

[Fulcrum] Broken Build - Adding project files?

Hi folks,

I committed a huge chunk of code and it seems that at least
fulcrum-intakeand fulcrum-pool is broken - I'm not sure that I can sort
out the problems immediatly. Having said that I have a question - what
is the preferred way of storing project files?!

All of the Fulcrum projects come with a Maven build but now I have to
dig through fulcrum-intake. Would is be useful to add ready-to-use
project files into CVS?! The trouble is what IDE to use ... I personally
use Eclipse but it is possible to get a free licence for IDEA for comitters.

Any opinions?!

Thanks in advance

Siegfried Goeschl

Re: [Fulcrum] Broken Build - Adding project files?

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Eric,

you are right, "maven eclipse" works like a charm .... ;-)

I also got the build to work - a few projects define their service
components in an arbitray order and look up the required services in the
service() method.That is not a problem for Fortress (and probably ECM)
since they use metadata and a DAG (directed acyclic graph) to determine
the correct initalization order (similar to maven:reactor) but this is a
feature not available inYAAFI. Therefore the requested service component
is not know to the container at this point of time the container
initialization fails.

In the previous version of YAAFI the service components were all
instantiated during parsing of the configuration - bug or feature I
don't know. But the ordering of role entries is crucial in this case - I
review my changes ... :-(

Another question - fulcrum-security-api builds now as 1.0.8-dev but all
the dependent projects use 1.0.7?! Is this intentional?!

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl