Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Sr...@timeinc.com on 2005/08/02 18:17:41 UTC

Urgent request for testing availability of websites.

Is there a way through ant to do

a) Login in to a website - success or failure based on status codes.
b) To test hyperlink's to check if the applications are running.

Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
srikrishna

Re: Urgent request for testing availability of websites.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ja...@wendysmoak.com>.
From: <Sr...@timeinc.com>

> Is there a way through ant to do
> a) Login in to a website - success or failure based on status codes.
> b) To test hyperlink's to check if the applications are running.
> Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

Canoo WebTest has Ant tasks to do that:
http://webtest.canoo.com/webtest/manual/WebTestHome.html

Look in the Extension for storeResponseCode which will let you test for
other than status 200 responses.

--
Wendy Smoak

Re: Urgent request for testing availability of websites.

Posted by James Fuller <ji...@ruminate.co.uk>.
Srikrishna_Parthasarathy@timeinc.com wrote:

>Is there a way through ant to do
>
>a) Login in to a website - success or failure based on status codes.

try ant-contrib http post task

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=coldfusion

>b) To test hyperlink's to check if the applications are running.

this w/o session or cookies...u can use <get/> Ant task.

gl, Jim Fuller

Posted by Ninju Bohra <ni...@yahoo.com>.
If you just want to make sure the URL for a website
returns a valid HTTP code (i.e. the website is
responsing) try the <waitfor> task.

We do the following to test that our Tomcat App
servers are up:

      <waitfor maxwait="30" maxwaitunit="second"
timeoutproperty="server.is.unavailable">
         <http url="${server.url}"/>
      </waitfor>
      <fail if="server.is.unavailable" message="Sorry,
the server at ${server.url} is unavailable at this
time..."/>