Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Quasar <qu...@libero.it> on 2008/04/22 12:24:57 UTC

Set "Number of Threads" and "Ramp-Up Period" in a nongui mode

Hi Men :)

Quick question: If I want to "pass" the number of VUs and the rampup
time in a nongui mode, how can I do that? I'd like to use the same JMX
file and pass only these 2 parameters.

Thx :)

Quasar

Re: Set "Number of Threads" and "Ramp-Up Period" in a nongui mode

Posted by André van Hoorn <An...@Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>.
Hi,

Quasar wrote, on 22.04.2008 12:24:
> Quick question: If I want to "pass" the number of VUs and the rampup
> time in a nongui mode, how can I do that? I'd like to use the same JMX
> file and pass only these 2 parameters.

Say you want to use properties names NUMTHREADS and RAMPUP. You can
access the value within the Test Plan using the __P function as follows
(the additional parameter specifies a default value which may be omitted):

${__P(NUMTHREADS,15)}
${__P(RAMPUP,30)}

When calling JMeter in non-gui mode, pass the appropriate values via the
command line using the -J parameter:

$ jmeter -n -t MYTESTPLAN.JMX -JNUMTREADS=44 -JRAMPUP=50

Best regards,

André

> Thx :)
>
> Quasar

Dipl.-Inform. André van Hoorn
Graduate School "TrustSoft" (http://trustsoft.org)
Software Engineering Group (http://se.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de)
University of Oldenburg, PO Box 2503, D-26111 Oldenburg, Germany
Room A2 2-235, Tel: +49 (0)441 798-2866, Fax: -2196
E-Mail: Andre.van.Hoorn@Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE

Re: Set "Number of Threads" and "Ramp-Up Period" in a nongui mode

Posted by Quasar <qu...@libero.it>.
Andre' and Steve,

thx a lot :) I didn't think about that!

Posted by Steve Kapinos <St...@tandberg.com>.
Define the values to be properties... And then either

- create a user.properties files and define the values in there
And/or overwrite the properties on the command-line using the
-Jpropertyname=value  command line option

I set mine up this way

${__P(p_ptpthreadcount,1)}

In the test plan, that way there is a default value if no one specifies
it and then call jmeter with a command line option

jmeter -n ptp-calllog-generator.jmx -Jp_ptpthreadcount=10