Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2023/06/27 15:17:53 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 2.4.0

Hi folks,

I have put together a spin for a 2.4.0 Qpid JMS client release, please
give it a test out and vote accordingly.

The staged source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/2.4.0-rc1/

The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1263

The JIRAs assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12353304

Regards,
Robbie

P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
access the staging repo:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1263</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

The dependency for the client itself would then be:

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
    <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
    <version>2.4.0</version>
  </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 2.4.0

Posted by Jiri Daněk <jd...@redhat.com>.
+1

* Added staged maven repo to https://github.com/rh-messaging/cli-java,
upgraded qpid-jms version and ran tests on openjdk 11, which passed
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Jiri Daněk

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 2.4.0

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 6/27/23 12:09, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jun 2023 at 16:17, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I have put together a spin for a 2.4.0 Qpid JMS client release, please
>> give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>>
>> The staged source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/2.4.0-rc1/
>>
>> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1263
>>
>> The JIRAs assigned are:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12353304
>>
>> Regards,
>> Robbie
>>
>> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
>> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
>> access the staging repo:
>>
>>    <repositories>
>>      <repository>
>>        <id>staging</id>
>>        <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1263</url>
>>      </repository>
>>    </repositories>
>>
>> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>>
>>    <dependency>
>>      <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>>      <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>>      <version>2.4.0</version>
>>    </dependency>
> +1
>
> I checked things out as follows:
> - Verified the signature + checksum files.
> - Checked for LICENCE + NOTICE files in the archives.
> - Used "mvn apache-rat:check" to check headers in the source archive.
> - Ran the build and tests from the source archive on JDK11.
> - Ran HelloWorld example against ActiveMQ Artemis main, on JDK11.
> - Built Quarkus extension for Qpid JMS using staged client and tested
> on JDK11 and 17.
>
> Robbie

+1

* Validated signatures and checksums
* Verified license and notice files in archives
* Verified source license headers with 'mvn apache-rat:check'
* Built from source and ran the tests
* Built the example from the binary using staged artifacts and ran them
against an Artemis broker instance.

--
Tim Bish

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 2.4.0

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
+1, checked checksum and signature, built from source with tests, ran
example against router